Complaint Against A Child & Family Resources Program or Staff Person

Please submit all complaints in writing. If you have a complaint regarding a Child & Family Resources program or service, you can also call the agency’s main number (973-398-1730) and ask to be connected to the Associate Director. If the complaint is regarding the Associate Director or Executive Director, please submit your complaint in writing.

If you are a parent and believe you were unjustly terminated from the New Jersey Cares for Kids child care subsidy program, please direct all correspondence to Child & Family Resources (Attn: Associate Director). You will be provided information on how to appeal.

Child & Family Resources will investigate complaints and respond accordingly.

Rebecca Sherrod Capozzi, Executive Director: (973) 601-6141,
Kayla Gieger, Associate Director: (973) 601-6140,

Complaint Against A Provider

A complaint is an allegation that a child care provider is not following state regulations that govern a specific type of care.

Child Care Centers

The Office of Licensing (OOL), the licensing and regulatory authority of the NJ State Department of Children & Families, inspects and licenses child care centers. A complaint against a child care center should be reported directly to OOL (toll-free) at 877-667-9845. Call the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-877 NJ ABUSE (1-877-652-2873) to report possible child abuse or neglect.

Call the Child Abuse Hotline at 1-877 NJ ABUSE (1-877-652-2873) to report possible child abuse or neglect.

Registered Family Child Care Providers

Family child care providers in New Jersey are registered through the county's Sponsoring Organization. Child & Family Resources is the sponsoring organization for Morris County and is responsible for registering and monitoring registered family child care providers in Morris County to ensure compliance with state regulations. Child & Family Resources also investigates complaints against these registered family child care providers. A complaint against a registered family child care provider in Morris County should be directed to Family Child Care Coordinator at (973) 770-5821, or

You may remain anonymous if you prefer. However, if you remain anonymous, Child & Family Resources staff will not be able to call you with the results at the conclusion of the investigation.

Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Name of the provider
  • Address
  • Statement of Complaint/Problem
  • How you became aware of the problem

If the nature of the complaint indicates child abuse or neglect, you will be directed to the Child Abuse Hotline at DCP&P, (877) NJABUSE. Only DCP&P investigates child abuse/neglect allegations. All information regarding child abuse and neglect remains confidential and is not open to the public for review.

If the complaint is not related to child abuse or neglect, Child & Family Resources will investigate the complaint. If a complaint is substantiated, Child & Family Resources may provide technical assistance to the provider to help the provider come into compliance with regulations. Additional visits to the provider may be necessary to ensure compliance with regulations. The complaint remains confidential until the completion of the investigation, at which time the complaint becomes public information and remains in the provider's file.

To see our complaints policy, click here.
To see our appeals process, click here.