NATURE NEST FAMILY ACADEMY – TODDLER/PRESCHOOL TEACHER – BOONTON, NJ
Nature Nest Family Academy is seeking creative and experienced toddler-preschool teachers for our nature preschool.
Candidates must have an appreciation for nature and willingness to learn about and explore the outdoors along with their infant-preschool aged students as several hours/day are spent in our outdoor classroom.
To assist in creating a warm, nourishing home-like classroom culture with an openness to learning and ongoing professional & personal development.
To foster a sense of curiosity and love of nature in young children.
A willingness memorize and tell stories from the heart and model creative play.
To prepare and offer opportunities for children to engage in age-appropriate activities such as creative story telling, singing, dramatic play, gardening, finger painting, water coloring, baking, bees wax modeling, finger knitting/weaving, music, woodworking, building, etc…
To contribute to daily living tasks such as cooking, meal prep, diapering/toileting, cleaning, organizing, folding laundry, tending to the garden, watering plants, etc…
To contribute to the ongoing maintenance of the work space and the sustainability and growth of the program.
A commitment to professional development by means of participating in adult workshops, classes, and self-study groups.
To meet the developing needs of a small group of mixed aged children from birth to kindergarten age through the “Living Arts”:
Domestic Arts—Helping children find joy in the practical and meaningful activities of daily life, laying a foundation for future academic skills, initiative and purpose.
Nurturing Arts—Nourishing children with natural foods, hair brushing, calming foot baths, daily outdoor time, and rest for full-day children.
Social Arts—Helping children foster a secure relationship with the primary caregivers and true sense of belonging in mixed-age groupings which also provide the opportunity to be both a younger and older “sibling.”
Creative Arts—Enriching imaginative play by story telling, puppet shows, artistic activities, crafts, music and singing.
- Education/ Certification: AA in Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred.
- Must have at least a high school diploma and 9 early childhood or child development credits or be currently enrolled/soon to be enrolled in a related program. CDA preferred.
- Experience with Reggio Emilia, HighScope, Waldorf, Montessori, or another early childhood education philosophy preferred.
- Biggest requirement=eagerness to learn.
- Values nature and enjoys time spent outdoors.
- Experience working with young children, especially infants and toddlers, in a group setting.
- A willingness to bring one’s own style and sense of beauty into the work.
- Experience working and communicating with children and families.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com and contact 973-265-0696.
ABC GROWING TREE – INFANT & TODDLER TEACHER – MINE HILL, NJ
ABC Growing Tree is a Child Care Center located in Mine Hill, NJ. We are privately owned, licensed by the State of NJ for children 6 weeks to 13 years of age. We are open Monday through Friday from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM. We have several permanent positions available immediately.
We are hiring for a Toddler teacher 1:00 – 6:00 Monday – Friday.
We are hiring for an Infant teacher 12:00PM – 6:00PM Monday – Friday
The candidate needs to be patient, energetic, caring, and must love working with children. The candidate must be fun loving, hard-working, and be motivated to give it their all. The applicant must be willing to work flexible hours. We have an awesome team dynamic — and want to expand that. Must be 18 years of age or older. Experience in childcare is a plus. Must be able to speak English. The candidate must have some knowledge of child development. Professional development classes will be offered if hired. The candidate must be willing to be fingerprinted, have a background check, and be cleared medically to be hired. The candidate must have reliable transportation to and from the center. At ABC Growing Tree we are here to help our children grow through life. We offer a competitive salary. Please send all resumes via e-mail to HR@abcgrowingtree.net .
LITTLE PEOPLE’S ACADEMY, INC. – PRESCHOOL TEACHER – DOVER, NJ
The Teacher is responsible for developing a cohesive teaching team, coordinating the curriculum, and managing the day-to-day operational activities of the classroom. Teachers must understand children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development in order to ensure a safe and stimulating classroom environment where children are actively engaged and encouraged to succeed. The Teacher must be skilled in communicating with both children and adults in order to meet the needs of the children, effectively guide teacher assistants, and resolve parental concerns.
This position reports to: Director
- Coordinate and implement educational curriculum by developing classroom activities based on developmentally appropriate practices and early learning standards.
- Lead by example; encourage teaching team success through modeling and coaching.
- Plan individual and group age-appropriate activities to actively engage children and encourage social, cognitive and emotional growth.
- Maintain frequent communications with parents through informal discussions, progress reports, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure all center policies and state regulations are met.
- Ensure a healthy classroom environment – including maintaining appropriate hygiene and cleanliness standards and safety and security of children.
- Supervise teacher assistants and classroom volunteers to ensure they are following planned activities, hygiene and safety standards.
- Maintain accurate records, forms and files.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Attend required/mandated professional development trainings
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Educational Requirements
* Associate’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study with a minimum of 30 Credits in ECE.
Compensation: $11 an hour
Employment Type: Permanent
For consideration, please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EL PRIMER PASO PRESCHOOL – AFTERCARE COORDINATOR ASSISTANT – DOVER, NJ
El Primer Paso Preschool is looking for an aftercare assistant to work with our Children ages 3-6 from 3pm – 6pm!
Someone who enjoys working with preschoolers and has some type of experience iN early childhood education is a plus.
A maximum of 15/17 hours a week.
If interested please contact Milagros Castro at 973-361-0880 or send resume to email@example.com!
Applicant must be able to speak fluent English & must be a US Citizen.
El Primer Paso, Ltd. is a non-profit, multi-service agency entering its 50th year serving Morris County’s Hispanic community. El Primer Paso was established in Dover in 1969 by a group of volunteers, and has continued to answer the changing needs of the growing Latino population. The heart of the program is our state-licensed preschool, which serves approximately 50 children and their families from Dover and surrounding towns. The program is unique in the county, with its dual language (English/Spanish) curriculum and multicultural staff.